Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Caring


“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space.  He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.  This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us.  Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”
― Albert Einstein

My sister, an M.D., tells me that it is a miracle that we have life, that we live day-by-day in this physical presence we call our body.  From where emanates this mystery of life?  I believe it comes from God, living in every thing we sense.  This awareness manifests in my love for all that I experience, welling up in the simplest of caring acts, kindness, and compassion for others and for my Self.


Rhonda Nolasco - www.care2.com
The substance of caring is love.  I am aware of caring in the stillness of meditation, when I look deeply into your eyes, and when we walk hand-in-hand beside a still lake or a raging ocean.  The seers were right, that God is love!

-- Pete

2 comments:

OT Ebby said...

You are a great example of someone making new beginnings later in life. Good luck with your journey- and with the A-Z challenge.
Ebby

jan said...

You're right--I did say that! To me, every cell, every exchange of energy, every chemical reaction that occurs every moment of our lives is as much a wonder as the immensity of the universe and all that it holds--every particle, every exchange of energy, every chemical reaction on a cosmic scale.