Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Intuition


“We all have an inner voice, our personal whisper from the universe.  All we have to do is listen - feel and sense it with an open heart.  Sometimes it whispers of intuition or precognition.  Other times, it whispers an awareness, a remembrance from another plane.  Dare to listen.  Dare to hear with your heart.”
― C.J. Heck, Bits and Pieces

The softest voice of the soul whispers warning and clarifies murky images in our mind.  You know the feeling: moments when something inside your psyche tells you “not now”, “see to it”, “never more”, “go”, or “stop”.  It may be a flash of recognition ever brief or a dim distant candle holding forth a message for our wellbeing.  It may be a stroke of creative energy emanating from within, or the quiet voice of conscience.  Intuition is like a puff of air or a glow of rightness within the fabric of our being.  Yet, it is so easily ignored, denied, repressed, the candle of unseen reasoning snuffed out by our frenzied breathing as we dash about our world.

calltoprayerministriesblog.org
Stillness and quietude are the agar of intuition.  We must simply stop for a little while to come into awareness of this deep recess of our spirits, the still, small voice within us.  In such solitude, we wonder at its presence, and we yearn for its teaching.

I have a vision of my intuitive nature.  It is like a light being shining forth in the darkness of my shadows, my sins, and my insanity.  When I tune my awareness, its questions come to me in many ways, and it brings forth the stirring of betterment in my life.  It prompts me to reckon my direction, to think upon my motives, to review again my values.  It warns me when I bring danger into my life and it informs me what right actions I must take.


berniesiegelmd.com
Perhaps it resides in our DNA, our consciousness, or our minds, but I prefer to think of it as a part of our spirits, that part of us that is connected to all things.  It is a gift of being human that comes from God.  How wonderful to become aware of intuition so we can gain its guidance in our lives!

So many of us wander or thrust ourselves through life with no connection, no awareness, no presence.  You must listen intently.  The comings and goings of your life, the noise of civilization, the cacophony of 10,000 thoughts easily shroud the light of intuition.  So, stop your running to and fro, seek solitude in meditation and prayer, and be tranquil for a time to allow your awareness to grow until you touch the clarity of your intuition.

thesensoryspectrumblog.com
The awakening man seeks to be present and aware of his intuition.  He makes friends with this inner sanctum of knowing.  He listens with openness and awe to that subtle voice within.

-- Pete

2 comments:

thelmaz said...

What a great post. Stopping by from the A to Z Challenge.

jan said...

Intuition can be a vague feeling that overrides our arguments against it or a prompt that defies reason. It can be stifled or cultivated. Great topic!